Limited company accounts

If you are you self-employed, in a partnership, landlord or work under CIS construction industry scheme. You may be required to submit annual (HMRC) self assessment tax return also known as SA100.

Self Assessment Tax / HMRC Self Assessment
By Total Tax Accountant


For a limited company you have a statuary responsibility to prepare both annual accounts for Companies House and Corporation Tax return for HMRC also known as CT600. The submission of Company accounts are generally 9 months from the close of company accounting year.

iXBRL accounts and company tax returns both needs to be filed with HMRC with CT600. Any corporation tax payable also must be paid within 9th month after the end of company accounting year.


Tax Deadline

There are different deadlines for different types of return i.e paper tax return must be sent by 31st October every year, whereas the electronic tax return deadline is 31st January each year. This is also the same date where all your income taxes and national insurances due to be paid in full to avoid financial penalties.

So what are you waiting for ?

If you fail to send in your self assessment tax return in time or not sent at all HMRC can penalise you financially and these penalties can be as high as £1,200 for late filing plus loss of revenue fines including interest charged. How much penalties you may receive depends on individuals circumstances.

At Total Tax Accountants, we can help you with all sort of self-assessment tax returns and assist you with effective tax planning to avoid big tax bills. We can also make sure that your tax returns are submitted within the deadline to avoid penalties. Get in touch with our expert tax advisers to deal with your enquiries effectively.